Tuesday 16 October 2012

Eurozone Crisis: Older Men Face Worsening Job Prospects

Omega Pharma-Quick Step have sacked 38 year old Levi Leipheimer as a result of his doping admissions detailed in the USADA reasoned decision, leaving the ageing rider searching for a new contract while carrying a six month suspension (albeit one that will be half spent by the time the new season starts.)

The full story can be read here.

I suppose I should be thinking in terms of dope-scandal fallout, truth-and-reconciliation and the like, but can I be honest? Really, I'm thinking that Omega Pharma-Quickstep have just saved themselves a pile of cash and opened up a space in their squad. What's the betting Lefevre is on the phone to Tanzania as we speak?

Hello, Patrick? What can I do for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment